Sophomore Year Timeline
- Meet with your counselor to review your four-year plan and make adjustments to coincide with your post-high school plans.
- Know what is on your transcript.
- Explore your interests and possible careers.
- Get involved! The people who read college applications are looking for more than just good grades.
- In October, take the PSAT and when filling out your test sheet, check the box to release your name to colleges so you will start receiving informational material.
- Discuss your PSAT score with your counselor.
- Ask your counselor about postsecondary enrollment options and Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
- If you want to participate in Division I or Division II sports in college, start the certification process. Check with your counselor to make sure you are taking a core curriculum that meets NCAA requirements.
- If you are interested in attending a military academy, such as West Point, now is the time to start planning. Schedule a meeting with your counselor.